If you don't want to use an S3 Endpoint to access an S3 bucket, you can access it using the internet gateway. For example, you might do this
- Ensure that the access permissions for the S3 bucket permit access from your cloud SDDC from the internet.
See Managing Access Permissions to Your Amazon S3 Resources for more information.
- Enable access to S3 through the internet gateway.
By default, S3 access goes through the S3 endpoint of your connected Amazon VPC. You must enable access to S3 over the internet before you can use it.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- View Details
- Networking & Security
- Click Connected Amazon VPCs, and then click Disable next to S3 Endpoint.
- From the VMC Console, create a compute gateway firewall rule to allow https access to the internet.
- Under Compute Gateway, click Firewall Rules.
- Add a compute gateway firewall rule with the following parameters.
Option Description Source The CIDR block for the logical network that the VM in your SDDC is connected to. Destination Any Service Select HTTPS.
VMs in your SDDC can now access files on the S3 bucket using their https paths.