Subscriptions allow you to save money by committing to buy a certain amount of capacity for a defined period.
A subscription is not required to use VMware Cloud on AWS. Any usage of the service not covered by a subscription is charged the on-demand rate.
You must have funds associated with your My VMware account that you can use to pay for the subscription.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click Subscriptions.
- Click Create Subscription.
- Select the region in which the subscription applies.
- Select the number of hosts you want as part of the subscription.
The total number of subscribed hosts cannot be more than the maximum allowed for your organization.
- Click NEXT to choose subscription terms.
The VMC Console retrieves and displays the currently available subscription terms. Select a term and click NEXT to confirm payment.
- Review the summary and click PLACE ORDER.
You will receive a notification email indicating that your subscription order has been received. After the order has been processed, you will receive a second email notification letting you know either that your subscription is active, or that the subscription process failed. If the subscription failed, contact VMware support for assistance.