You can create a VM and use an ISO image in a Content Library to install the operating system.
Have a Content Library containing the ISO image you want to use.
For more information on creating a subscribed Content Library, see Use a Content Library to Import Content into Your SDDC
For more information on creating a Content Library using the Content Onboarding Assistant, see Use the Content Onboarding Assistant to Transfer Content to Your SDDC.
For more information on creating local Content Library, see Create a Library.
For more information on importing content in to a Content Library, see Import Items to a Library from a Local File on Your System.
- From the vSphere Client VMs and Templates view, right click the Workloads folder and select New virtual machine.
- Select Create a new virtual machine and click Next.
- Proceed through the New Virtual Machine wizard, using the following settings.
- For the VM folder, select Workloads, Templates, or another folder that you have write permissions on.
- For the compute resource, select Compute-ResourcePool.
- For the datastore, select workloadDatastore.
- On the Customize Hardware page, connect the ISO image to the VM.
- Next to New CD/DVD Drive, select Content Library ISO file.
- Select the ISO image and click OK.
- Select Connect at Power On and click Next.
- Review the VM settings and click Finish.
- Power on the VM and complete the guest operating system installation.