To access the Virtual Machine Remote Console (VMRC) for VMs in your cloud SDDC, ensure that you have correctly configured firewall access to ESXi the VPN settings for On-Premises routers. You must also update the hosts file on any machines from which you want to access the VMRC.
Complete firewall and VPN configuration. See Configuring Management Gateway Networking.
On Windows, you need administrator privileges to edit the hosts file.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click View Details on the SDDC card.
- Click Network.
- Under Management Gateway, click Firewall Rules.
- Click Add Rule and set a rule to enable access to port 903.
IP address or CIDR block, either public or from an on-premises data center connected by a VPN tunnel
- For each ESXi host in your SDDC, determine the IP address of the host management network.
- Log in to the vSphere Client for your SDDC.
- In the Hosts and Clusters inventory list, select the host.
- Click the Configure tab.
- Under Networking, click VMkernel Adapters.
- Note the FQDN for the host and the IP address for the vmk0 device.
- On the machine from which you want to access the VM's remote console, edit the /etc/hosts file (on Linux or MacOS) or C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (on Windows) and add the following line for each host.