You can request a public IP address to a VM to make it available on the public Internet.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click VIEW DETAILS. , then pick an SDDC card and click
- Click OPEN NSX MANAGER and log in with the NSX Manager Admin User Account shown on the SDDC Settings page.
You can also use the VMC Console Networking & Security tab for this workflow. See SDDC Network Administration with NSX Manager.
- Click Public IPs to open the Public IPs page.
This page is in the Networking category in NSX Manager and in the System category in the Networking & Security tab.
- Click REQUEST NEW IP.
- Enter any notes that you want to make about the IP address.
- Click Save.
After a few moments, the Public IP address is provisioned.
What to do next
If you want the public address of the VM to be hidden by network address translation (NAT), see Configure NAT Settings in VMware Cloud on AWS Networking and Security. If you want to create firewall rules that manage network traffic to and from the VM, see Set NSX Edge Compute Gateway Firewall Rules , also in VMware Cloud on AWS Networking and Security.