You can request a public IP address to a VM to make it available on the public Internet.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click View Details on the SDDC card.
- Click Networking & Security.
- Click Public IPs in the System category to open the Public IPs page.
- Click REQUEST NEW IP.
- Enter any notes that you want to make about the IP address.
- Click Save.
After a few moments, the Public IP address is provisioned.
What to do next
If you want the public address of the VM to be hidden by network address translation (NAT), see Configure NAT Settings in VMware Cloud on AWS Networking and Security. If you want to create firewall rules that manage network traffic to and from the VM, see Set NSX Edge Compute Gateway Firewall Rules , also in VMware Cloud on AWS Networking and Security.