The VMC Console provides status and statistics for IPsec VPNs and L2VPN segments.
Status of VPN operations is reported on the VPN pages in the Networking & Security tab. Log messages about VPN operations are also sent to vRealize Log Insight Cloud, an optional SDDC add-on service. See Using the vRealize Log Insight Cloud Add-On and the vRealize Log Insight Cloud Documentation for more information.
- Log in to the VMC Console at https://vmc.vmware.com.
- Click .
- Click ROUTE BASED VPN, POLICY BASED VPN, or LAYER 2 VPN to list VPNs of the selected type.
Take one of the following actions:
- Click the Information icon to display a status message that provides more information about channel (IKE Phase 1 negotiation) and tunnel status.
- Expand a VPN row to show VPN details, then click VIEW STATISTICS to display traffic statistics. You can retrieve aggregated status and statistics for all tunnels or for the tunnel used by the selected VPN (0.0.0.0/0). When viewing aggregated statistics, you can click View More in the Stats column to see a list of error statistics.
- Click the Refresh icon to refresh tunnel statistics. All VPN statistics are reset to
0when the tunnel is disabled or re-enabled.
What to do next
For more information about troubleshooting VPN connection issues, see Troubleshooting Virtual Private Networks (VPN) in the NSX Data Center for vSphere documentation and also the NSX-T Data Center Troubleshooting Guide.