Hybrid Linked Mode allows you to link your VMware Cloud on AWS vCenter Server instance with an on-premises vCenter Single Sign-On domain.
If you link your cloud vCenter Server to a domain that contains multiple vCenter Server instances linked using Enhanced Linked Mode, all of those instances are linked to your cloud SDDC.
- View and manage the inventories of both your on-premises and VMware Cloud on AWS data centers from a single vSphere Client interface, accessed using your on-premises credentials.
- Migrate workloads between your on-premises data center and cloud SDDC.
- Share tags and tag categories from your vCenter Server instance to your cloud SDDC.
You have two options for configuring Hybrid Linked Mode. You can use only one of these options at a time.
- You can install the vCenter Cloud Gateway Appliance and use it to link from your on-premises data center to your cloud SDDC. In this case, Active Directory groups are mapped from your on-premises environment to the cloud. You do not need to add Active Directory as an identity source in your cloud vCenter Server.
- You can link from your cloud SDDC to your on-premises data center. In this case, you must add Active Directory as an identity source to the cloud vCenter Server.