If you removed a VM or VM template from vCenter Server but did not delete it from disk, you can return it to the vCenter Server inventory by registering it with the vCenter Server.
- In the vSphere Client inventory, right-click the datastore on which the virtual machine configuration file is stored and select Register VM.
- Browse to, select the virtual machine configuration (.vmx) file or the VM template configuration file ( .vmtx file) and click OK.
The Register Virtual Machine wizard opens.
- On the Select a name and folder page, use the existing name or type a new name, select a datacenter or folder location and click Next.
- Select a resource pool in which to run the virtual machine and click Next.
- On the Ready to complete page, review your selections and click Finish.