You can clone existing vApps to vApp templates in a content library. You can use the vApp templates later to provision new vApps on a cluster or a host in your vSphere inventory. The vApp is exported to a content library in the OVF format.
- In the vSphere Client navigator, click .
- Right-click a vApp and select
The Clone to Template in Content Library dialog box opens.
- Select the New template radio button.
- From the list of available libraries, select the content library to which you want to add the template.
- Type a name and description for the template.
- (Optional) Include or exclude vApp-related configurations in the template that you clone, and click OK.
You can select to preserve the MAC-addresses on the network adapters and include extra configuration.
A new task for cloning to OVF package appears in the Recent Tasks pane. After the task is complete, the vApp template appears on the Templates tab for the content library.
What to do next
Use the template to provision vApps on a host or a cluster in your vSphere inventory. See Create New vApp From a Template in a Content Library in the vSphere Web Client.