A logical design describes all technical decisions made and addresses identified technical requirements while minimizing risk. The level of detail included should be sufficient to create an implementation guide for the solution. While specifics of each logical design are unique, it’s important to ensure all technical prerequisites are met. The following prerequisites have been identified as crucial to the successful migration of Oracle workloads to VMware Cloud on AWS:
- For on-premises-located VMs, ESXi hosts, and/or vSphere clusters hosting Oracle workloads, check and document all advanced settings configured. Ensure corresponding options are available in VMware Cloud on AWS. For example, DRS anti-affinity groups and rules must be re-created in an SDDC as they cannot be migrated.
- Check the Hybrid Migration with vMotion Checklist and ensure all requirements are met.
- If an HCX appliance will be used to migrate the workload, review HCX in the VMware Cloud on AWS and ensure all requirements are met.
- Configure L2 VPN between the on-premises and the SDDC and ensure all required VM networks will be stretched. VMware NSX® Edge™ is required to be deployed on-premises to serve as a client for the L2 VPN setup.
- Ensure that the Hybrid Linked Mode will be configured to allow managing both on-premises and public SDDCs within a single vSphere Client interface. Verify that all required user accounts are added to the Cloud Administration group.