If your application requires direct access to another server, without user authorization, you create a Server to server app. This option is based on the OAuth 2.0 client credentials grant type. During this flow, your app uses its OAuth credentials to retrieve an access token.
- You have the required permissions for adding and managing OAuth apps in this organization. See What organization roles are available in VMware Cloud Services.
- Log in to Cloud Services Console.
- Click Create New OAuth App. , and then click
- Select Server to server app.
- Register your client.
- Define scopes.
Scopes provide a way to implement control over what areas in an organization your client can access - specifically which role in an organization, and what services and the level of permissions.
- Click Create to generate the client credentials.
- Copy the credentials or download a JSON file, and click Continue.
You are responsible for storing your credentials in a safe place.
- (Optional) Add the app to the active organization.
You can skip this step and add the app to this organization, and other organizations later. See, How to manage OAuth 2.0 apps.
What to do next
Paste the credentials into your script.