As an organization owner, you invite users to your organization and give them access to the services associated with it. You can also track the invitations you send. Invitations are valid for up to seven days. If you have sent an invitation in error, you can revoke it.
About this task
The users you invite can hold several roles:
A role within the organization - organization owner or organization member. To see the privileges assigned to each of these roles, see How Do I Manage Users and Permissions.
A role within the cloud service to which you are inviting the user. Each cloud service has its own specific roles. For more information, refer to the documentation of the relevant VMware Cloud service.
In addition to an organization member role, a user can also hold a support role.
- On the VMware Cloud Service toolbar, click the VMware Cloud Services icon and select Identity & Access Management.
- Click Add Users.
- On the Active Users tab, enter the email address of the user you want to add to your organization.
If you want to invite more than one user, separate each email address by a comma.
- In the Role in organization text box, assign the role that the user will use in the organization.
- If you have given the user the role of organization member and you want the user to manage support tickets, select the Support User check box.
- To give the user access to a service in the organization, click Add service access.
- The first service that appears in your list of services is selected. To change the service to another service, click the downward arrow next to the service name, and scroll the list of services in your organization.
- Click Add service access again, to give the user access to another service.
- Click Add to send an invitation to the user.
The invitations you send are valid for seven days. You can view the status of the invitation on the Invitations tab.
- If you sent an invitation in error, you can revoke it. Select the check box next to the invitation, and click Revoke Invitations.
The activation link in the email is revoked and the person to whom you sent the mail cannot sign into the service.