VMware Cloud services support the payment for services in various currencies using a credit card, funds, and promotional credits. When you set up an organization, the address of your organization determines the currency in which you pay for the organization's services.
VMware Cloud services support two selling units: one for US customers and one for non-US customers. While US customers are only billed in US dollars, countries within the non-US selling unit are billed in various currencies. How might this affect you?
- An organization can pay with a single currency. The address of the organization determines the payment currency of the organization's transactions.
- The address of the organization also determines the type of taxes - sales taxes or VAT, for example. Tax IDs are used to facilitate the administration of local taxes. You might want to enter a tax ID if you have a tax exemption status, or similar. You enter a tax ID when you set up your organization. You can also do this later on the Organization page, by clicking your user name and selecting View Organization.
- You can use any credit card with any billing address to pay for your services. You might incur foreign transaction fees from your credit card provider if the payment currency of the organization is different than the card currency.
- If you want to change the address of your organization, the new address must be located in the same selling unit as the original address. In addition, you cannot change the address to one residing in a country with a currency different to that of the original address. See the table below to learn more.
- You can use any fund as payment method in your organization if the currency of the fund is the same as the organization's currency, and it belongs to the same selling unit.
VMware Cloud Services Selling Units
|If the address of your organization is in this country...||You are charged in...|
|Afghanistan, Algeria, American Samoa, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote D'Ivoire, Cuba, Curacao, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, East Timor, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands, Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Terr., Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and Mcdonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Republic of Korea, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lao, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macao, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Virgin Islands, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen,||USD|
|Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Greenland, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, Vatican City State, Yugoslavia, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Aland Islands||EUR|
|Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, United Kingdom,||GBP|
|Australia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Norfolk Island||AUD|
|If the address of your organization is in this country||You are charged in|
|United States of America||USD|