Before the new member account can be used, the owner of the new member account must set a password for it.
- Go to the AWS IAM console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam.
- Do the following:
- Type in the new owner's email address.
- Select the I am a new user option.
- Click the Forgot your password? link.
- In the Password Assistance form, enter the owner's email address and security characters, and click Continue.
- Check your email for a message instructing you how to reset the password on your account and click the password reset link.
- On the Amazon Password Assistance page, create a new password for the new member account and click Save changes.
- Go to the AWS IAM console (https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam) and perform the following:
- Enter your new member account email address.
- Select the I am a returning user and my password is option.
- Enter the new password.
- Click Sign in using our secure server.
All billing charges for the new member account are consolidated in the AWS Organization master S3 bucket.
You can create a new member account by inviting an existing AWS account into your master organization account. For information on how to do this, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/organizations/latest/userguide/orgs_manage_accounts_invites.html.