If you don't have your AWS security credentials (Access Key ID and Secret Access Key) ready to go, here is how you can quickly get them from your AWS account.
About this task
To Get Your Security Credentials
Follow the steps below to create new security credentials. (AWS makes it easy to generate new security credentials and difficult to retrieve them if you don't already have them.)
- Log into your AWS console (https://console.aws.amazon.com). Navigate to Services, then select the IAM service.
- On the Welcome to Identity and Access Management screen, select Create Individual IAM Users.
- Click Manage Users. When the list of user names is displayed, click the name of the user whose credentials you want to generate. (Following AWS best practices, this should be an IAM user with Admin permissions.)
- On the Summary screen, select Security credentials and click Create access key. (If there are already two pairs of security credentials, delete one. AWS only allows two.)
- From the Create Access Key screen, click Show to make note of the Secret Access Key. Download the .csv file.
- Go back to VMware Cloud services and add the AWS security credentials into the AWS Add New Account form. See Fill In the AWS Add New Account Form.
Note: Once you have used your AWS security credentials to register your AWS account with VMware Cloud services, do not delete them in AWS. Your AWS security credentials are the identifier that allows the two products to share data in the cloud.
For more information on AWS security credentials, see http://docs.aws.amazon.com/IAM/latest/UserGuide/id_credentials_access-keys.html.