Associate a local drive letter with a shared storage area over the network.
- Start the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Management Console.
- Select a Flex configuration file and click the User Environment tab.
- Click Add and select Drive Mapping.
- Enter a name for the settings definition.
- Configure the drive mapping settings.
Option Description Drive letter The drive letter to assign. Remote path The UNC path of the share. Can contain environment variables. Friendly name (Optional) The description that appears in Windows Explorer. Only available if Run asynchronously is enabled. Skip if drive letter is in use (Optional) If enabled, the drive is not mapped if the specified drive letter is in use. If not enabled, the existing mapping is removed. Run once (Optional) If enabled, the drive mapping only occurs once. Undo at application exit (Optional) If enabled, the drive is unmapped when the DirectFlex or App-V application exits. Run asynchronously (Optional) If enabled, the drive mapping occurs in the background. If not enabled, FlexEngine waits for the drive mapping to finish before continuing.Note: You cannot select Run once and Undo at application exit at the same time.
- Click Save.