Configure the commands that run when users log in and log out.
- Start the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Management Console.
- Open the User Environment tab.
- Select Logon Tasks or Logoff Tasks and click Create.
- Enter a name for the settings definition.
- Configure the logon and logoff task settings.
Note: Logon and Logoff tasks run "invisibly" so they cannot be used to start applications and do not support user interaction.
Option Description Command The command to run. Can contain environment variables. Elevated task To use an elevated task as a logon or logoff task, select Elevated task and select a preconfigured elevated task. This is a convenient alternative to the Command option.Note:
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager does not prevent you from deleting, disabling, or renaming elevated tasks that you have selected to run from a logon or logoff task.
- Do not configure Timeout or Run asynchronously settings for the elevated task if you want to run the elevated task from a logon or logoff task.
- When FlexEngine runs as a Group Policy client-side extension, logon tasks must be configured to run asynchronously in order to launch an elevated task.
Timeout (Optional) The amount of time FlexEngine waits for the command to complete. If the command does not complete during this interval, FlexEngine continues, while the command keeps running in the background. If not configured, FlexEngine waits indefinitely for the command to complete. The Timeout setting is not available if Run asynchronously is enabled. Run task Before/After Specifies whether the task runs before or after profile archive import, for logon tasks or export, for logoff tasks. Run once If enabled, the command only runs once. Run asynchronously If enabled, the FlexEngine runs the command in the background, without waiting for it to complete. This option is not available for tasks that run before profile archive import or export.Note: For logoff tasks, you cannot combine Run once and Run asynchronously.
- Click Save.