You can use user environment tasks to run commands before or after a profile archive import (Pre-Import or Post-Import) and before or after a profile archive export (Pre-Export or Post-Export).
Tasks run in the background, so they cannot be used to start applications or anything else requiring user interaction.
- Start the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Management Console.
- Select a Flex configuration file and click the User Environment tab.
- Click Add and select Pre-Import Task, Post-Import Task, Pre-Export Task, or Post-Export Task.
- Enter a name for the settings definition.
- Configure the import and export task settings.
Option Description Command The command to run. It can contain environment variables. If you specify a path starting with C:\Program Files, C:\Program Files (x86) or a localized equivalent, a button appears in front of the path. If you click it, you can convert the start of the path to %ProgramFiles% and resolve that variable to the 32-bit Program Files folder on 64-bit systems. Elevated task To use an elevated task as an import or export task, select Elevated task and select a preconfigured elevated task. This is a convenient alternative to the Command option.Note:
- VMware Dynamic Environment Manager does not prevent you from deleting, disabling, or renaming elevated tasks that you have selected to run from an import or export task.
- Do not configure Timeout or Run asynchronously settings for the elevated task if you want to run the elevated task from an import or export task.
Timeout (Optional) The amount of time FlexEngine waits for the command to complete. If the command does not complete during this interval, FlexEngine continues, while the command keeps running in the background. If not configured, FlexEngine waits indefinitely for the command to complete. The Timeout setting is not available if Run asynchronously is enabled. Run once (Optional) If enabled, the task only runs once. Run asynchronously (Optional) If enabled, FlexEngine runs the command in the background, without waiting for it to complete. Not available for tasks that run before profile archive import or export.Note: For export tasks you cannot select Run once and Run asynchronously at the same time.
- Click Save.