Antivirus applications can sometimes scan a large number of files, which can slow login and logout processes.
Login and logout processes are significantly slowed. If you check the logs, you can see delays in the import and export sections of the log file.
FlexEngine reads and writes numerous files, locally and to the network. If an antivirus application scans every file that is accessed at the server and workstation level, it can significantly slow login and logouts. To fix this issue, you can configure your system to exclude VMware Dynamic Environment Manager files from antivirus scans.
- Add an exclusion for the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager configuration share path to your antivirus software. For example:
- Add an exclusion for your profile archive path to your antivirus software. For example:
- Add an exclusion for your profile archive backup path to your antivirus software. For example:
- Add an exclusion for your FlexEngine log path to your antivirus software. For example:
- You may be able to exclude the entire profile archive share (including profile archives, profile archive backups, and log files for all users) if the share is exclusively used for these VMware Dynamic Environment Manager-related subfolders. However, this should be done only if the profile archive share contains only VMware Dynamic Environment Manager subfolders. Otherwise, you may unintentionally exclude files that may contain viruses.
- In addition, you might also want to exclude the following local paths:
C:\Temp (or %temp%)
LocalSyncPathwhen VMware Dynamic Environment Manager SyncTool is used. For example,
- Additionally, you may want to exclude the following executables:
FlexSyncTool.exewhen VMware Dynamic Environment Manager SyncTool is used