Use Application Profiler in an environment that corresponds with the environment in which VMware Dynamic Environment Manager is deployed.
When you use VMware Dynamic Environment Manager on a terminal server (RDSH), install Application Profiler on the equivalent desktop operating system.
Application Profiler supports the following Windows versions and editions:
- Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate x86 and x64 SP1
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard and Enterprise x64 SP1
- Windows Server 2012 Standard and Datacenter x64
- Windows 8.1 Professional and Enterprise x86 and x64 with Update
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard and Datacenter x64 with Update
- Windows 10 Version 21H1 (May 2021 Update) Professional and Enterprise x86 and x64. See KB 57386 for the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager and Windows 10 Versions Support Matrix.
- Windows Server 2016 Standard and Datacenter x64
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Datacenter x64
No specific hardware other than the system requirements of the installed applications is required for Application Profiler.