Helpdesk Support Tool is an optional component of VMware Dynamic Environment Manager that does not require extra licensing. It provides capabilities to support and maintain the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager profile archives and profile archive backups. Helpdesk Support Tool also provides the total profile archive sizes for a user and an integrated FlexEngine log file viewer, which allows you to analyze the logs in detail.
As a VMware Dynamic Environment Manager administrator, you can use Helpdesk Support Tool yourself, or you can make it available to another department that is in charge of providing support in the area of personalization. The Helpdesk Support Tool users are called operators.
You can use Helpdesk Support Tool to perform the following tasks:
- Reset one or more profile archives for a user.
- Restore a profile archive backup for a user.
- Open a profile archive for a user in Windows Explorer.
- Edit a profile archive for a user.
- View FlexEngine log files for a user, and search for a specific log string.
- View the total size of profile archives and profile archive backups for a user.