The -s and -r operations can operate on a single profile archives, which is called file-based mode. They can also operate on a directory of profile archives, which is called path-based mode. This operation mode is determined from the path that is specified as the next argument, –s \\...\ie.zip as compared to –s \\...\...\Archives for instance. If no path is specified, the profile archives policy setting is used.
For a particular operation mode, some of the other arguments must follow the same pattern:
- For file-based operation mode:
- The -i argument must be a Flex configuration file.
- The -r/-s argument must be a profile archive file.
- The -b argument must also be a file.
- For path-based operation mode:
- The -i, -r/-s, and -b arguments must all refer to directories.