After you upgrade FlexEngine, you must upgrade the Management Console on the Windows desktop or Terminal Server it is installed on.
Important: If you choose to switch between VMware Dynamic Environment Manager editions, DEM Standard Edition and DEM Enterprise Edition, within the same release, you must manually uninstall the current edition and perform a fresh install of the other edition.
- As an administrator, run the MSI file that corresponds to your OS architecture and DEM edition (
Option Description x86
VMware Dynamic Environment Manager edition 2106 10.3 x86.msi
VMware Dynamic Environment Manager edition 2106 10.3 x64.msi
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the destination folder where VMware Dynamic Environment Manager is installed and click Next.
- Select only the Management Console feature to upgrade and click Next.
- Select the license file and click Next.
- Click Upgrade.
- Select all Flex configuration files that contain Application Templates or Windows Common Settings to have them automatically updated to the new definitions. If an updated template is available, you are prompted for your approval of the update.