Redirect folders to any of the following locations: a default subfolder of the specified remote path, a specific subfolder of that path, or a completely specified location. Existing folder content is not moved during redirection.
- Start the VMware Dynamic Environment Manager Management Console.
- Click the User Environment tab.
- Select Folder Redirection and click Create.
- Enter a name for the settings definition.
- Configure the folder redirection settings.
Option Description Remote path The base folder to which subfolders are redirected by default. This path must be user-specific, and can contain environment variables. Folders to redirect The profile folders that must be redirected. When you select a profile folder, by default the folder is redirected to a default subfolder of the location specified in Remote path. To redirect a profile folder to an alternate location, click Edit for the specific profile folder, change the selection from Use default sub folder to a non-default option, and enter the appropriate folder information in the applicable text box.
Note: Redirecting Desktop, Favorites, Programs Menu, or Roaming AppData might lead to performance problems in the user environment.
- Use default sub folder. The default option, which redirects the profile folder to a default sub folder of the location specified in Remote path.
- Use sub folder. Specify the name for a subfolder in Remote path.
- Use fully-qualified path. Specify the fully qualified path for a folder.
- Click Save.