Updated on: 12 MAR 2019
VMware User Environment Manager | 07 MAR 2019 | Build 220.127.116.118
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
- About VMware User Environment Manager
- Updated Components
- Prior Releases
- What's New
- Important Fixes
- Other Notes
- Resolved Issues
- Known Issues
VMware User Environment Manager offers personalization and dynamic policy configuration across any virtual, physical, and cloud-based environment. User Environment Manager can simplify end-user profile management with a single and scalable solution. IT can simply map infrastructure (including networks and printer mappings) and dynamically set policies for end users. You can experience quick, personalized, and consistent access to your Windows workspace and applications.
For more information, see the product page: VMware User Environment Manager.
This release updates the main product components, VMware UEM FlexEngine and VMware UEM Management Console. Application Profiler, Helpdesk Support Tool, and SyncTool are not updated for the 9.4.1 release. If you are upgrading from version 9.4, you only need to upgrade the main product. If you are upgrading from a previous version, upgrade all product components.
Features and known issues from prior releases of VMware User Environment Manager can be viewed in the release notes for each release.
Documentation for User Environment Manager is located on docs.vmware.com.
User Environment Manager 9.4.1 fixes a security issue. See the Important Fixes section. Also, User Environment Manager 9.4.1 provides bug fixes described in the Resolved Issues section, and the following enhancements:
- Additional Windows Support.
- Windows 10 Version 1809 (November 2018 Update)
- Windows Server 2019 Standard and Datacenter x64
See the known Issue in these release notes about FlexEngine on Windows Server 2019.
This release of VMware User Environment Manager addresses a security issue where malicious local users could under certain circumstances execute code with elevated permissions.
- Secured Approach. User Environment Manager provides a secured by default approach by logging the users out in case the Flex config files path is not available at logon.
- Extended Service Branch for Horizon. User Environment Manager 9.4.1 is an Extended Service Branch (ESB) release. See the VMware blog for more information.
If you migrate from VMware Persona Management to VMware User Environment Manager, see http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2118056 for the required migration steps.
- USB redirection might not honor the Horizon Smart Policy setting
In User Environment Manager, when you create a Horizon Smart Policy, the setting you select for USB redirection might have no effect. Instead, USB redirection might always be disabled.
This issue is resolved in this release. To experience this feature functioning properly, use Horizon Agent version 7.5.2 or later.
- User Environment Manager reports that FlexEngine version 9.4.1 is running on Windows Server 2016 instead of Windows Server 2019
When the 9.4.1 version of the client component, FlexEngine, runs on Windows Server 2019, User Environment Manager identifies the Windows Server version as 2016. Also, no Windows Server 2019 option exists for the Operating System condition.