You can check which application or Windows component settings are saved in a profile archive, or modify them.
Caution: Only experienced User Environment Manager administrators must use this option. Manually editing profile archives requires extensive knowledge of user profiles, including the registry settings. Making a mistake might cause a profile archive to become inoperable.
- Configure Helpdesk Support Tool. See Configuring Helpdesk Support Tool.
- Enable the Allow editing profile archives setting in the Helpdesk Support Tool Group Policy configuration.
- In Helpdesk Support Tool, locate the user for which you want to edit a profile archive.
- Right-click a profile archive and select Edit profile archive.
Windows Explorer opens a folder that contains the extracted settings. The Edit profile archive dialog box appears in Helpdesk Support Tool.
- (Optional) In the Edit profile archive dialog box, click Add Default Folders to add other supported profile folders.
- After you apply all the changes, close Windows Explorer and click Done in the Edit profile archive dialog box.
Helpdesk Support Tool saves the changes to the profile archive.