To deploy Helpdesk Support Tool, you need a correctly configured User Environment Manager environment and users that you already manage with User Environment Manager.
The process for deploying Helpdesk Support Tool is the following:
- Install Helpdesk Support Tool on machines from which operators provide support. See Installing and Upgrading Helpdesk Support Tool.
- Create the Immidio Flex+ Helpdesk Support Tool.xml configuration file that contains the paths to the profile archives, the profiles archive backups, and the FlexEngine log files. Place the file in the root of the central User Environment Manager configuration share, next to the Immidio Flex Profiles Configuration.xml file. See Create the Immidio Flex+ Helpdesk Support Tool.xml File.
- Create Helpdesk Support Tool Group Policy configuration by using the Administrative Template that is provided in the User Environment Manager download package.
Note: You should create a specific Helpdesk Support Tool GPO, separate from your User Environment Manager client GPO. With a separate GPO, it is easier to prevent accidentally providing Helpdesk Support Tool configuration to users, if you do not want these users to have Helpdesk Support Tool support.
- If necessary, grant read-only permissions to the Helpdesk Support Tool operators on the following locations:
- Recursively through the folder structure on the central User Environment Manager configuration share.
- Recursively through the profile archive backups folders for all users.
- On the FlexEngine log file location for all users. If Helpdesk Support Tool operators are allowed to override the FlexEngine log level, they need modify permissions on the FlexEngine log file location.
- If necessary, grant modify permissions recursively on the profile archive folders for all users. If Helpdesk Support Tool operators are allowed to override the FlexEngine log level, they also need modify permissions on the FlexEngine log file location.
Note: Setting the NTFS permissions on the profile archives incorrectly might make the personalization feature within User Environment Manager inoperable for your users.