You install User Environment Manager by launching a setup wizard that guides you through the installation.
- Verify that you have a valid license file. If you install on VMware Horizon® 7, you do not need a separate license file.
- Verify that you have administrative privileges on the account where you will run the MSI file.
- Download and extract the MSI file package for your operating system.
- Run the MSI that corresponds to your OS architecture, and click Next.
Option Description x86
VMware User Environment Manager 9.8 x86.msi
VMware User Environment Manager 9.8 x64.msi
- Read and accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select the destination folder where you want to install the application and click Next.
VMware recommends you install User Environment Manager in the default folder.
- Select an installation option for User Environment Manager.
Option Description Typical Install the User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, and Self-Support tool. Custom Manually select components to install. Complete Install User Environment Manager FlexEngine, Application Migration, Self-Support tool, and Management Console.
- Select the license file and click Next.
- Click Install, and after the installation is complete, click Finish.
What to do next
- Create the User Environment Manager Group Policy by using the administrative template that is provided in the User Environment Manager package. See Configuring the FlexEngine Group Policy Object.
- Add FlexEngine command to logoff script. See Configure FlexEngine to Run From a Logoff Script.
- Configure the Management Console. See Configuring the User Environment Manager Management Console.