The VMware UEM SyncTool USER.admx administrative template supports user configuration. FlexEngine ignores the SyncTool Group Policy settings if SyncTool is not installed. This way, you can apply the settings to every user without affecting the users who do not have SyncTool installed.
- Copy the VMware UEM.admx and VMware UEM SyncTool USER.admx ADMX templates and their corresponding ADML files from the download package to the correct PolicyDefinitions folder on your Windows Domain Controller.
The SyncTool ADMX files are located in the Administrative Templates (ADMX) folder in the download package, and their corresponding ADML files are located in the Administrative Templates (ADMX)\en-US folder.
- Open the Group Policy Management Console.
- Create a GPO or select an existing GPO that is applied to the users for which you want to configure SyncTool.
- Right-click the GPO and click Edit.
The Group Policy Management Editor opens.
What to do next
Configure the SyncTool Group Policy settings. See SyncTool Group Policy Reference.
To run SyncTool, the minimal required configuration is as follows:
- Configure Local Sync Path Group Policy setting.
- Enable Run VMware UEM SyncTool during the logon Group Policy setting.
- Add SyncTool logoff command.
- Apply SyncTool Group Policy Object to users.
- Configure logon script to perform offline import.