You can use the Apple Disk Utility to create CD/DVD disk images.
- Start the Mac Disk Utility by going to Applications/Utilities/Disk Utility on your Mac.
- Insert the CD/DVD for which you need an image.
- In the Disk Utility window, select the CD/DVD disk and click New Image.
- In the Image Format pop-down menu, select DVD/CD Master
- In the Encryption pop-down menu, select None.
- Save the CD/DVD image to the chosen location.
What to do next
To attach the images to a virtual machine, see Connect and Set Up a CD/DVD Drive.