You can set applications from the Mac or the virtual machines to be used to open different categories of URLs.
You can open the following categories of URLs:
- RSS feeds (feed)
- File transfers (FTP, SFTP)
- Web pages (HTTP, HTTPS)
- Mail (mailto)
- VMRC (VMware Remote Console)
- Newsgroups (news)
- Remote sessions (Telnet, SSH)
If you make a Web browser the default from within a virtual machine, the default setting for how Fusion handles URLs does not change. The next time you start or resume the virtual machine, or change the URL preferences, the Fusion settings overwrite the changes that you make in the guest machine.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under System Settings in the Settings window, click Default Applications.
- Click Configure.
- Set or change the preference.
Option Description Add a category of URL to the Default Applications pane Click the add (+) button and select a URL category from the pop-up menu. Set or change an application to use to open a category of URL Select an application from the pop-up menu to the right of the appropriate Open [category] with check box. You can select from all available applications on your Mac and in your virtual machines. Remove a URL category Click the remove (-) button to the right of the pop-up menu for the category.