You can enable Dark Mode Synchronization for a virtual machine.
If you enable Dark Mode Synchronization, the Light mode/Dark mode settings on the host system is synchronized automatically to the guest operating system (Windows 10 virtual machine and macOS virtual machine).
- This option is only available on Windows 10 virtual machine and Mac virtual machine with macOS 10.11 or newer versions.
- VMware Tools 11.0.0 or a higher version of tools must be installed.
- This option is only available for local virtual machine and is not available for remote virtual machine (virtual machine stored on ESXi Server or Workstation host).
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under Other in the Settings window, click Advanced.
- Select the Enable Dark Mode Synchronization check box.
Now, if you configure your Mac to use Light mode, the guest operating system UI will also change to Light mode and if you configure your Mac to use Dark mode, the guest operating system UI switches to the Dark mode automatically.