With Fusion, you can create, open, and run VMware virtual machines, and use PC-specific hardware with a Mac.
With Fusion, you can perform the following tasks:
- Run x86 operating systems, including Windows, Linux, macOS, and others, on macOS without rebooting.
- Run Windows and Linux applications on your Intel-based Mac.
- Run most Windows 3D applications that require DirectX 9, DirectX 10, or DirectX 10.1 on your Mac.
- Import virtual machines created with Parallels Desktop or virtual machines that use the OVF (Open Virtualization Format) standard.
- Migrate your physical Windows PC to a Fusion virtual machine with the integrated Migration Assistant.
- Access USB devices, such as video cameras and high-speed disks, from a virtual machine.
- Drag files between your Intel-based macOS host machine and virtual machines running other x86 operating systems.
- Fusion works with VMware virtual machines created with different VMware products. For more information, see Virtual Machine Compatibility