Fusion has a built-in software updater that checks for updates to Fusion and VMware Tools and downloads and installs the updates.
- Skip This Version
- Select this option if you do not want to upgrade to the version described. Fusion ignores this version in any later Autoupdate checks. If you change your mind later, you can select to have Fusion display the Software Update window again.
- Remind Me Later
- Fusion closes the Software Update window. The next time Fusion starts, the Software Update window appears.
- Download and Install
- Fusion downloads the update files to your Mac and installs the updates.
Verify that the Automatically check for updates check box is selected in .
Although Fusion can shut down your running virtual machines as part of this procedure, VMware recommends that you manually shut down or suspend your virtual machines before you begin.
- In the Software Update window, click Download and Install.
Fusion downloads the update files to your Mac.
- At the Ready to install update prompt, shut down any running virtual machines and click Install and Restart.
Fusion downloads the update files to your Mac, displays a progress bar during the installation, and restarts when the installation is complete.