Some configuration tasks require that the virtual machine be powered off. In the Virtual Machine Library you can access a virtual machine without powering it on.
- In the Virtual Machine Library window, select the virtual machine to work on.
- (Optional) If the virtual machine to configure is displayed as Suspended or Powered on, open the virtual machine and power it off.
Fusion opens the virtual machine without powering it on or opening it in a window.
- Use the Shut Down button in the toolbar
- Use the Shut Down command in the Virtual Machine menu.
- Click the Settings button.