You can assign a MAC address manually if you need to ensure that the same MAC address is always assigned to the virtual network adaptor for a virtual machine.
- The same MAC address is always assigned to the virtual network adaptor for a given virtual machine, even if the virtual machine is moved.
- A unique MAC address for each virtual machine within a networked environment
When a physical machine is converted to a virtual machine, the MAC address of the network adapter is changed. For software in which the licensing is linked to the MAC address, this can be a problem. Manually assigning the correct MAC address is the solution.
Shut down or power off the virtual machine. You cannot change the setting while the virtual machine is powered on or suspended.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under Removable Devices in the Settings window, click Network Adapter.
- Click Advanced options.
- Enter a new MAC address.
- Type a known MAC address.
- Click Generate for Fusion to create a unique address.