You install Fusion in the same way you install other macOS applications.
Installation of Fusion does not modify existing virtual machines.
- Verify that you have the administrator password for your Mac.
- Download the Fusion installer file to your Mac. You can obtain the Fusion installer file from the VMware website.
- Verify that you have the appropriate license key. For example, if you are using VMware Fusion Pro, you must provide a Fusion Pro license key to activate the Fusion Pro features.
- Double-click the Fusion.dmg file to open it.
The contents of the disk image appear in the Fusion Finder window.
- In the Finder window, double-click the click to install Fusion icon.
- When prompted, type your administrator user name and password.
Fusion is installed in the Applications folder on your Mac.