You can encrypt your virtual machine with a password to control access to the virtual machine and its contents.
- Suspend or shut down the virtual machine.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under Other in the Settings window, click Encryption.
- Select Enable Encryption and set the encryption password.
The password must be six characters or longer.Important: Make a record of the encryption password. If you forget the encryption password, Fusion does not provide a way to retrieve it.
- (Optional) To store the encryption password in the Keychain password management system on your Mac, select Remember Password.
- Click OK.
The virtual machine is encrypted. Users must provide the encryption password to open the virtual machine.