When you create a virtual machine, Fusion stores the virtual machine files as a single package. This feature lets you move an entire virtual machine as a single entity.
A package (sometimes called a bundle) has the extension .vmwarevm. When you move the package, all virtual machine files are included.
You might need to access the virtual machine package files during troubleshooting.
Fusion must not be running during virtual machine file editing.
- In the Finder, select the virtual machine package.
- In Fusion, select .
- Control-click the virtual machine.
- Release the control button.
- Select Show in Finder.
- Control-click the package in the Finder window and select Show Package Contents.
- Perform one of the following tasks.
- Copy the log file (vmware.log) to provide for troubleshooting analysis.
- Open the configuration file (*.vmx) in a text editor to modify it. You can find instructions for how to modify the file in the Fusion release notes or from appropriate support personnel.