Install VMware Tools to enhance the performance of the guest operating system.
Before you begin
The Migration Assistant has run, and a completed, but powered off, virtual machine appears in Single Window view.
About this task
Sometimes Windows finishes detecting changes before the VMware Tools installation is complete, and displays a dialog prompting you to restart. Do not restart until you are prompted by VMware Tools.
- Start the virtual machine.
VMware Tools starts installing.
- (Optional) : Log in to Windows.
- (Optional) : Make the VMware Tools installation visible in Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
The VMware Tools installation dialog does not appear automatically in Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista.
- Click the Interactive Services Detection icon ().
- Click View the message in the Interactive Services Detection window.
- When prompted by VMware Tools, restart the virtual machine.
What to do next
If the VMware Tools installation does not complete properly, install VMware Tools manually. See Installing and Using VMware Tools.
You might have to reactivate your Windows operating system in the new virtual machine when you power it on.