When you upload a virtual machine to a remote server, Fusion Pro copies the virtual machine to the remote host and datastore that you select. The original virtual machine remains on the host system.
Before you begin
Verify that the following conditions are met:
You have login credentials for the server where you want to upload the virtual machine.
The server is defined in the Virtual Machine Library.
Sufficient space exists on the server to accommodate the virtual machine.
The remote server is running VMware ESXi or VMware vCenter Server.
The virtual machine is not encrypted. You cannot upload an encrypted virtual machine.
The virtual machine is not powered on or suspended. It must be powered off.
- Select .
- Enter the name of the host server or click the Recent Servers drop-down menu to select a server from the list.
- Enter your login credentials and click Connect.
- Select a virtual machine from the Virtual Machine Library.
- Drag the virtual machine to the server.
- In the Upload Virtual Machine dialog box, select a host and a datastore folder or shared folder.
- Click Upload.