You can remove encryption from a virtual machine at any time.
Before you begin
Suspend or power off the virtual machine.
Verify that you have the password for the encrypted virtual machine.
You must use Fusion Pro with a Horizon FLEX license to remove encryption from a Horizon FLEX virtual machine.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under Other in the Settings window, click Encryption & Restrictions.
- (Optional) : Deselect the Enable Restrictions check box, if it is selected.
You cannot remove encryption from a virtual machine while restrictions are enabled.
- Deselect the Enable Encryption check box.
- Type the password for the virtual machine.
- Click OK.
Encryption is removed from the virtual machine. You no longer not need a password to access the virtual machine and its contents.