The Retina display options control the appearance of virtual machines on displays with high pixel density.
Before you begin
Verify that you are using a Retina display or another high-pixel density display.
Verify that you are using hardware version 11 or later. Hardware version 12 is recommended.
Verify that the latest version of VMware Tools is installed.
For best appearance and performance, in the Display pane of System Preferences on the Mac host, select Best for Display in Mac OS X 10.9.5 or Default for Display in Mac OS X 10.10 and later.
- Select .
- Select a virtual machine in the Virtual Machine Library window and click Settings.
- Under System Settings in the Settings window, click Display.
- Select the Use full resolution for Retina display check box.
When the Use full resolution for Retina display option is on, the virtual machine resolution is set to the full Retina display resolution.
When the Use full resolution for Retina display option is off, the virtual machine resolution is set to half of the Retina display resolution. This setting matches the non-Retina display size, but might appear pixelated.
- Select the options for Scaled high resolution.
Use high resolution scaling for Unity View only.
Unity and Full Screen
Use high resolution scaling for Unity View and Full Screen modes.
Unity and Single Window
Use high resolution scaling for Unity View and Single Window modes.
All View Modes
Use high resolution scaling for all view modes.
- (Optional) : Select the Automatically adjust user interface size in the virtual machine check box.