If you have an earlier version of Fusion, you can upgrade to the current version by manually downloading the Fusion disk image from the VMware Web site.
If you are upgrading Fusion, VMware recommends that you first remove the version of Fusion installed on your Mac. The process of installing, upgrading, and uninstalling Fusion does not modify existing virtual machines.
Verify that all of your virtual machines are shut down and that Fusion is not running.
- Drag the previous version of Fusion to the trash.
Fusion is in the Applications folder on your Mac.
- Download Fusion from the VMware Web site at http://www.vmware.com/mac/.
- Click the Download link and follow the subsequent links for an Electronic Download Distribution.
- Click the download link and save the application to your Mac.
The Fusion disk image is saved to your default download directory. The filename is VMware-Fusion-x.x.x-xxxxxx.dmg, where x.x.x is the application version and xxxxxx is the build number for the download release.
- Double-click the VMware-Fusion-x.x.x-xxxxxx.dmg file to mount it.
- Double-click the VMware Fusion icon to copy Fusion to your Mac and start it.