After you have deployed the installer OVA file, activate the system and perform the initial configuration immediately when you next open the appliance management interface.
The OVA deployment must complete before you begin. Allow up to five minutes after the OVA deployment for the services to initialize.
- Browse to the appliance management interface and log in using the admin user.
Browse to https://tca-ip-or-fqdn:9443.
After you log in, the installation welcome screen appears.
- Click Continue.
The activation screen appears.
- Enter the License Key.
The License Key table is populated after the initial activation and when you add or upgrade keys.
- (Optional) If there is a proxy server in the environment in the path for outbound HTTPS connections, check Configure Proxy.
If a proxy server is entered, add the local vCenter and SSO systems as exceptions not to be sent to the proxy server.
- Click Activate.
The system prompts you to confirm the deployment type. The system detects the deployment type based on the license key and displays a graphic illustrating the installation component.
- Click OK.
The system begins downloading the image file that is specific to the deployment type. If upgrades are available, they are applied before the download. The download process can take several minutes depending on your environment. A display screen provides the download status.
When the download is complete, the system reloads, and the log-in screen appears.
- To start the configuration wizard, log in to the system using the admin user credentials.
The system location screen appears.
- Enter the location where you are deploying the system.
Select the nearest major city to where the HCX system is geographically located. HCX sites are represented visually in the Dashboard.
- Click Continue.
A screen appears prompting you for a system name.
- Enter the system name, and click Continue.
The system displays a screen prompting you for the vCenter Server information.
- Enter the vCenter location and credentials, and click Continue.
The system displays a screen prompting you for the SSO URL.
- Enter the SSO server URL, and then click Continue.
The SSO URL must be either the vCenter Server URL or the Platform Services Controller (PSC) URL.
The system verifies the information and generates a configuration summary.
- Review the system summary information.
The system verifies the configuration and then generates a configuration summary.
- To reload the system, click Restart.
It can take several minutes to reinitialize the system completely. During this process, the appliance management interface is not available.After the system reloads, it displays the appliance management dashboard. For more information about the dashboard, see Understanding the Appliance Management Dashboard.