You use the appliance management interface to restore the system from a backup file. The restore operation is used in cases where the system has become corrupt or unusable due to resource or system failures.
This operation restores the appliance to the state it was in at the time of the backup. The contents of the backup file supersede configuration changes made before restoring the appliance.
You have deployed a replacement system that is clean of prior configuration settings. The replacement system has the same software version and IP address as the original system.
A clean system deployment requires only the minimum configuration to be manageable and that the system is network reachable from the operator or client system.
- Log in to the appliance management interface: <https://hcx-ip-or-fqdn:9443>.
- Navigate to .
- Within the Restore section, browse to the backup file and open it.
Note: Restoring from backup files that are more than two days old is not supported due to potential inventory changes from the backup time to present.
- Click Continue.
The system verifies the uploaded file.
- Click Restore.
The restoration begins. This process can take several minutes to complete.
- Verify that the system is operating properly:
- Navigate to the Dashboard tab and confirm that the NSX and vCenter Server status is green.
- Navigate to the Appliance Summary tab and verify that the Hybridity Services, Common Services, and System Level Services are running.