Use this procedure to route HCX management communications over Direct Connect networks.
HCX for VMware Cloud on AWS can connect the source and the destination site using public or private networks. When switching between public or private networks, set the DNS resolution in VMware Cloud on AWS to use a public or private IP address. For example, changing the Management Network in the HCX Compute Profile to use a Direct Connect network type, means changing the DNS resolution in the VMware Cloud on AWS console to use a private IP address.
Caution: Changing the DNS resolution can disrupt site-pairing connectivity while the system updates the local cache for the DNS entry. The time it takes to update the DNS server can vary depending on the TTL value. For HCX, the TTL value is 300 seconds.
- Log in to the VMC Console at vmc.vmware.com.
- Select the organization .
- Select the VMware Cloud on AWS service.
- Click SDDCs.
- Locate the SDDC and click View Details.
- Click the Settings tab.
- In the HCX Information section, expand the selection and click Edit.
- In the Resolution Address field, use the drop-down menu to select the Private IP address, and click Save.
Note: Use this same field to set a Private IP address to Public.