VMware HCX delivers secure and seamless app mobility and infrastructure hybridity across vSphere 6.0 and later versions, both on-premises and in the cloud. HCX abstracts the distinct private or public vSphere resources and presents a Service Mesh as an end-to-end entity. The HCX Interconnect can then provide high-performance, secure, and optimized multi-site connectivity to achieve infrastructure hybridity and present multiple options for bi-directional virtual machine mobility with technologies that facilitate the modernization of legacy data centers.
Updated on: 05 Nov 2021
VMware HCX 4.2.2 | 05 Nov 2021 | Build 18867885 (Connector), Build 18868175 (Cloud)
Check for additions and updates to these release notes.
What's in the Release NotesThe release notes cover the following topics:
About VMware HCX
For more information, see the VMware HCX User Guide in the VMware Documentation Center.
VMware HCX 4.2.2 is mandatory security update for all HCX 4.2.x or 4.0.x deployments.
For customers upgrading from R-based releases to HCX 4.2.2, review the following information:
- Upgrading to HCX 4.2.2 is supported only from HCX 4.x releases.
- HCX 4.0.0 is the oldest release version suitable for upgrade. Customers running older releases are required to upgrade to HCX 4.0.X to support upgrading to HCX 4.2.2
- Assistance with upgrading from out-of-support releases will be on a best-effort basis.
- VMware sends administrative messages to HCX systems that are running out of support and require upgrade.
Upgrade compatibility information is available as a table in VMware Product Interoperability Matrix - Upgrade Path.
For HCX upgrade procedures, see Updating VMware HCX.
What's New in this Release
VMware HCX 4.2.2 is a mandatory security update release for all deployments running HCX 4.2.x versions. HCX Connector and HCX Cloud Manager systems must be upgraded. HCX Service Mesh appliances do not require upgrade.
VMware HCX 4.2.2 is also a mandatory security update release for all deployments running HCX 4.0.x versions. HCX Connector, HCX Cloud Manager, and HCX Service Mesh appliances must be upgraded.
Deprecated features receive no further development or code fixes, and will be removed in a future release. The following is a summary list of deprecated features in HCX 4.x releases:
- HCX Site Recovery Manager Support – For the initial deprecation notification, see HCX 4.0.2 Release Note.
- Migration Dashboards in vROps – For the initial deprecation notification, see HCX 4.1.0 Release Note.