Deploying the installer OVA requires a standard OVA template installation through the vSphere Client.
- Right-click any inventory object that is a valid parent object of a virtual machine, such as a data center, folder, cluster, resource pool, or host, and select Deploy OVF Template.
- On the Select an OVF template page, enter a URL to download and install the OVF package from the Internet, or browse to a location accessible from your computer, such as a local hard drive or network share for a local file, and click Next.
- On the Select a name and folder page, enter an unique virtual machine name and the inventory location. Click Next.
- On the Select a compute resource page, select a compute resource location, and click Next.
- On the Review details page, verify the OVA template details, and click Next.
- On the License agreements page, read and accept the VMware End User License Agreement, and click Next.
- On the Select storage page, select the virtual disk format, storage policy, storage name, and then click Next.
- On the Select networks page, select the destination network, and click Next.
- On the Customize Template page. set the appropriate deployment properties:
- Passwords - Configure the CLI admin password and the root user password.
- Network Properties - Enter the network properties for the default gateway.
- Static Routes - Add a static route for a destination subnet or host.
- DNS Server List - Enter the list of DNS servers for this virtual machine.
- Domain Search List - Domains that you enter are searched in the order you list them, and the search stops when a valid name is found.
NTP Server List - Enter the list of NTP servers and ensure that the NTP server can be reached from the virtual machine. If the NTP time is out of sync, services fail to start.
- Click Next.
- Review the deployment settings and click Finish.
What to do next
- Allow up to 5 minutes for initialization, then browse to the appliance management interface for the initial activation using https://hcx-ip-or-fqdn:9443.