You can roll back an HCX Connector or an HCX Cloud Manager upgrade using VMware snapshots, which preserve the state and data of the HCX virtual machine at a specific point in time.
Take and apply a vSphere snapshot for all site-paired HCX Managers. For the rollback procedure, a snapshot of the source and destination HCX Manager systems must exist. For more information, see Upgrading the HCX Manager.
- Roll back the HCX systems:
Note: Use snapshots to roll back only the HCX Connector and the HCX Cloud Manager versions. After rolling back the HCX Manager versions, restore the HCX appliances through the Service Mesh configuration in HCX Interconnect UI. Do not attempt to restore snapshots of any fleet appliances.
Rollback Scenario Process The HCX Connector and HCX Cloud Manager version have been updated but the Service Mesh appliances have not been updated.
- Roll back the HCX Connector and the Cloud Manager versions using the snapshots.
- To validate the Service Mesh for the roll back version, navigate to Resync. and click
The HCX Connector and HCX Cloud Manager version have been updated, and the Service Mesh appliances also have been updated.
- Roll back the HCX Connector and the HCX Cloud Manager versions using the snapshots.
- For both HCX Connector and the Cloud Manger, navigate to .
- Select all the appliances.
- To restore the Service Mesh appliances for the rollback version, click Redeploy.
- For each appliance, confirm that the tunnel status is Up and the appliance versions are reverted.
- To verify the rollback, navigate to and confirm that the HCX Manager has the rollback version.